Get details on SBI Bank Loan Against Fixed Deposit ✔ Interest Rates ✔ Processing Fee ✔ Loan Amount ✔ Tenure ✔ Margin ✔ Features ✔ Benefits.
Single account holder can avail overdraft TDR and STDR online through internet banking, avail loan upto 90% of deposit. Loan amount for online overdraft against FD is Rs 25000 to Rs 5 Crore.
Table of Contents
SBI Loan Against Fixed Deposit Details
Fee & Charges of SBI Loan Against Fixed Deposit
|Interest Rate||1% above the relative time deposit rate.|
|Amount of Loan||Minimum Rs 25000 to Maximum Rs 5 Crore.|
|Repayment Period||Upto 5 years.|
|Margin||Avail loan up to 90% of your Time Deposit value.|
|Type of loan||Demand Loan & Overdraft.|
Eligibility to Avail SBI Loan Against Fixed Deposit
Customers (Single/ Joint Account Holder) holding SBI’s TDR/STDR / RD / including NRE/NRO/RFC and FCNR(B) Deposit can avail this loan. Single Account Holder can also avail Overdraft against TDR and STDR online through Internet Banking platform.
SBI Loan Against Fixed Deposit Advantage
- Loan up to 90% of the value of term deposit.
- Both Demand Loan and Overdraft Facility as per your need.
- Low interest rates.
- Interest rate on a daily reducing balance.
- Zero processing charges.
- No prepayment penalties.
Important Points About Loan Against Fixed Deposit From SBI
- The tenor cannot exceed 5 years.
- You cannot avail loan/overdraft facility against tax-saving fixed deposit (with a lock-in of 5 years).
- Banks provide loans only against their fixed deposits.
- SBI minimum amount 25,000 has an upper cap at Rs 5 crore.
- Suitable repayment schedule will be fixed depending upon the repayment capacity of the borrower. Maximum repayment period upto 5 years against STDR/e-STDR and upto 3 years against TDR/e-TDR respectively for Overdraft availed online
How much overdraft limit can be availed – The customer will be able to avail 90% of his e-STDR / STDR value and 75% of his e-TDR / TDR as Overdraft facility on the Internet banking platform. At Branch level the customer can avail 90% of his underlying security value as Demand Loan/ Overdraft facility.
Minimum and maximum overdraft limit – The minimum loan amount for availing overdraft facility is Rs 25,000 and maximum overdraft limit can be availed against your Fixed Deposits Rs 5 Crore.
Overdraft be availed in joint name – No, currently only Customer holding TDR/STDR/e-TDR/e-STDR with SBI in Single name only can avail the facility online. Joint Account Holders have to visit SBI Branches for availing facility.
Repayment period – The maximum repayment period overdraft against e-STDR / STDR is 5 years, maximum repayment period overdraft against e-TDR / TDR is 3 years (residual period which is less, subject to minimum of 6 months).